Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 2016

Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 2017 £24

Great with risottos, especially those flavoured with saffron or porcini mushrooms. Classic pork dishes and rich pasta sauces, baked lasagna or gnocchi with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts. Grilled meats and roasts also work well, but this is also a real fireside wine to be drank outside by a cozy chimnea or inside by a roaring fire.

  • Valpolicella Classico, Veneto, ITALY
  • 70% Corvina/Corvinone , 25% Rondinella, 5% Sangiovese
  • Cherry Dark Chocolate Cloves Vanilla

TYPE: A full bodied wine with intense, juicy dark fruit and silky tannins.


ABOUT: The Allegrini family estate covers 120 hectares of vineyard in the heart of the Valpolicella Classico area. The family has been growing grapes here for six generations. Franco Allegrini uses the modern version of the traditional ‘ripasso’ technique for Palazzo della Torre. 30% of the grapes were hand picked in September and placed in a ‘Terre di Fumane’ or drying centre until mid December. The remaining 70% of grapes were harvested later in September and vinifed immediately.  In December the dried  grapes were then vinified and refermented with the  wine from the fresh grapes.  The result is an elegant wine with aromas of raisined grapes, vanilla, black pepper and cloves. Best served in a large wine glass!

ABV: 13.7%

FARMING: Vegan / Vegetarian

PLU: 10054

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop